Want to help the many individuals who are currently have DD and ID Waivers?
- First, create a login at https://www.virginiamedicaid.dmas.virginia.gov/wps/portal/WebRegistration. Note that you should use one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.6, Safari 4 (Mac)
- Click on the Provider Enrollment tab (upper right) and begin an application.
- Ultimately you will create 2 new applications – one for the DD Waiver and one for the ID Waiver. Note the phone number at the top of the screen (888-829-5373) and contact them if you have any specific questions. You may also email VABA at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- For the DD Waiver, choose “Developmental Disability Waiver”
- For the ID Waiver, choose “Mental Retardation Waiver”
- The questions should be self-explanatory. You will need to enter your NPI number. If you do not have one, you can apply for one using your license here: https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/NPPES/Welcome.do
- Make sure that your name matches your NPI. If you are using an individual NPI number, you should use an individual name and social security number, not a company name and TIN.
- When asked about the service you wish to provide, choose “Therapeutic Consultation.”
Congratulations! It’s that easy! Stay tuned for information on providing therapeutic consult services.
Update: The names of the waivers changed to Family and Individual Supports (DD) and Community Living (ID) in 2016, however, the process is still the same.