- This event has passed.
VABA and SEABA Present a Workshop with Matthew Brodhead
October 24, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm$20.00 – $100.00
This event is a prequel to SEABA’s Annual Meeting and Conference. There will be a social at 5 p.m. immediately following this event. Those who are registered for the workshop or SEABA’s conference are invited to the social.
Title: A Behavioral Systems Approach to Ethics Training and Supervision
Speaker: Matthew T. Brodhead, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Date: Thursday, October 24, 2019
Time: 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Place: Hilton Richmond Downtown
Abstract: Professional and ethical behaviors are critical for high quality care and consumer protection. By using behavioral systems, behavior analysts may increase the probability of employees engaging in professional and ethical behaviors. This presentation will survey the basic components of behavioral systems analysis (BSA). Then, it will provide examples of how behavior analysts may use BSA to develop and implement their own behavioral systems to improve ethical behavior of employees and to ultimately increase the quality of care they provide. In the end, this workshop aims to provide a pragmatic, solutions-oriented, and socially-valid approach to ethics that focuses on teaching employees “what to do” in certain situations, instead of using a punitive “how not to behave” approach.
Participants will be able to:
- identify the core components of behavioral systems
- analyze existing environmental variables, pertaining to ethics, using performance diagnostic tools
- develop a basic behavioral system to teach ethical behavior using behavioral systems analysis
- identify ethical problems using behavioral systems
- translate the BACB Code into a customized process or organizational policy that meets their specific service delivery needs
Event Level: Intermediate
Event Designed for: Any BCBA and BCaBA who is, or may one day be, in a supervisory position.
Continuing Education: Participants who are verified to have attended the entire workshop will receive three credits including 1 ethics and 1 supervision