Multi-Disciplinary FBA/BIP Process Revision in Public School: Case Study
December 7 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Join Hannah Johnson, BCBA, LBA; Alicia Faller, BCBA, LBA; Lisa Rhodes, BCBA, LBA; and Ansley Kiser, BCBA, LBA for VABA’s next Webinar.
In this discussion, they will describe the steps they took in Rockingham County Public Schools (RCPS) to initiate and complete a multi-disciplinary review and revision of their Functional Behavior Assessment and Behavior Intervention Plan process and procedures from 2018-2020. They will specifically explore what role they played as BCBAs, barriers they encountered as a workgroup, tools utilized, final permanent products, and a discussion of the impacts of implementation to date.
- Participants will identify the specific steps taken in RCPS to review and revise the FBA/BIP process in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Participants will be able to identify and discuss the role of BCBAs in the RCPS process and the role of other professionals.
- Participants will be able to identify specific barriers and challenges encountered by RCPS team, and understand the solutions that were used.
- Participants will be able to identify the role of visual supports and permanent products in this process and will have an opportunity to explore examples from RCPS.
- Participants will be able to identify the different parts of this process that were specifically designed to meet the criteria of: GETACAB.