|Company:||CA Human Services|
|Position:||Clinical Support Manager|
Title: Clinical Support Manager
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Title of Immediate Supervisor: President & CEO
Salary: $75,000 annually
About CA: We improve the lives of Virginians with autism and other developmental disabilities by strengthening services. We do this by helping individuals and their families directly and working with the professionals, agencies and the systems that serve them.
Primary function of the Position:
Provide leadership, oversight and clinical services as CA establishes a Clinical Support Division to promote evidence-based programming within inclusive community settings.
Specific functions of the position:
1. Provide direct clinical services as assigned while we scale up mission initiatives related to our Children & Adult Programs.
2. Provide clinical and administrative supervision and support to CA’s clinical team working directly with individuals, families, agencies and systems (e.g., RBTs, BCBAs, and other clinicians such as social workers, educators, etc.); provide coaching as needed to other CA program staff.
3. Collaborate as part of the organization’s leadership team on related mission & operational initiatives in support of the strategic plan.
4. Provide support to CA and other duties as assigned
Part II. Position Information
1. Provide direct clinical services as needed while we scale up mission initiatives related to our Children & Adult Programs.
• Comply with licensing regulations as determined by the licensing body for assigned site.
• Maintain understanding of Behavioral Health insurance regulations and requirements.
• Develops and oversees treatment plan implementation
• Monitor client progress.
• Provide direct services to assigned clients as specified in the treatment plan by: observing and/or working with them directly or reviewing existing programming, behavior plans, data, and graphs. Leverage telehealth technology where necessary/appropriate.
• Complete and adhere to physical training management protocol.
• Participate in meetings, including home visits, multi-disciplinary team meetings and conferences, as required.
• Spend time at each CA site
2. Provide clinical and administrative supervision and support to CA’s clinical team working directly with individuals, families, agencies and systems (e.g., RBTs, BCBAs, and other clinicians such as social workers, educators, etc.); provide coaching as needed to other CA program staff
• Support program staff through new client intake process by assisting in the implementation of treatment plans and behavior plans.
• Provide clinical support in the development of personal development plans for Adult Programs clients.
• Conduct staff training using the BST model as needed to support client needs.
• Assess staff skills and deficits in order to provide support so that evidence-based practices and interventions can be effectively implemented by others in inclusive community settings.
• Assist with initial and ongoing training of direct service staff as well as volunteers/interns.
• Provide credential-based supervision (BCBA, BCaBA, RBT).
• Attend staff meetings
• Understand system structure in which our clinicians work, i.e. public school, private school, community service board, etc.
• Develop, maintain and leverage excellent relationships to promote cross-system partnership and teamwork with community partners and representative organizations allowing the organization to grow current and new fee-for-service training initiatives in support of our mission
• Participate in partner meetings including Effective Service Planning meetings to facilitate systems change. Respect and partner with professionals who wish to provide better community services, work collaboratively to support partner/customer relations, be flexible around support needed to meet the needs of partner
3. Collaborate on related mission & operational initiatives in support of the strategic plan ;
• Collaborate as part of the organization’s leadership team alongside Program & Project Managers/Specialists, Coordinators Directors and the CEO
• Assist with information & resources and professional development initiatives (internal & external events, learning management system, etc. )
• Participate as part of Adult Program’s On-Call Team
• Assist our operations team
o Participate in budget planning/monitoring to ensure financial stability; collaborate with payroll, accounts receivable and payable around billing
o Help HR with recruitment/screening, on-boarding, employee relations, off-boarding, etc.
o Collaborate with IT to assist with automation efforts, data management, etc.
4. Provide support to CA & other duties as assigned
• Model the values of the organization (collaboration, commitment to best practice, willingness to challenge the status quo, transparency, and adaptability.
• Complete departmental reports.
• Assist with change management including consistent messaging and communications pertaining to organizational priorities and new initiatives.
• Assist in analyzing CA outcome data.
• Maintain intellectual property of the organization.
• Maintain objectivity while representing CA and performing associated CA responsibilities.
• Communicate using layman’s terms (not technical jargon).
• Provide accommodations in support of the Americans Disabilities Act, when requested, as appropriate.
• Communicate with transparency by keeping an updated weekly calendar that is shared via a shared calendar in Outlook through CA SharePoint account.
• Follow through on all commitments and meet deadlines
• Be accessible by responding to email, phone calls and TEAMs messages and by showing up on time.
• Work to problem solve challenging situations by requesting help from supervisor or coworkers.
• Bring challenges or barriers to supervisor and present recommended solutions to propose to partners during planning meetings
• Seek opportunities to enhance CA involvement through new initiatives
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Master’s degree in Social Work required
• Board Certification in Applied Behavior Analysis, VA state licensure required.
• Knowledge of intellectual and developmental disabilities.
• 2 years of experience working with persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
• 2 years of experience providing support within a coaching model and utilizing behavior skills training.
• 2 years of experience utilizing a multi-disciplinary approach
• 2 years of experience supervising direct report
• 2 years of experience with private insurance service delivery processes (billing, authorizations, denials, and appeals)
• Willingness to work with a variety of age groups in integrated, community based settings.
• Interest and experience working with transition-aged and adult clients
• Adaptable to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Initiative to maintain knowledge or current evidence-based practices and interventions.
• Experience with conducting functional assessments.
• Experience with designing and implementing programs to reduce problematic behavior and increase socially acceptable behaviors
• Willingness to supervise RBTs and BCaBAs.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Available to work on weekends and evenings when needed.
• Clean driving record and personal vehicle to use during times when company vehicles are not available.
• Willingness to work remotely
• Dependable with good attendance