|Company:||Loudoun County Public Schools|
Job ID# IRC30008
Provides autism program/services oversight, supervision, and support for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and staff supporting students across educational settings.
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
* Assists in the development, implementation, supervision, and evaluation of autism programs.
* Develops, coordinates, and delivers staff development and training for central office and school-based staff on best practices/strategies for working with students with Autism.
* Organizes and supports instructional tools and methods, disseminates, and/or implements instructional programs and materials to school staff for use with students identified with ASD.
* Serves as resource for cluster, school, and departmental staffs; collaborates with school staff, central office staff, parent groups and state advisory committees, as requested, in advancing educational and related activities as they pertain to the program for students with ASD.
* Supports data collection, analysis, and review functions related to program development, implementation, and evaluation as well as for monitoring progress of both individual students and groups of students with ASD.
* Consults with school teams, classroom teachers and support staff and provides ongoing student and staff support.
* Provides supervision and coaching to consulting teachers and specialized instructional facilitators supporting autism programs.
* Provides support to students, families and schools regarding the transition between educational levels and instructional environments.
* Postgraduate Professional License with special education endorsements in two or more disability categories
* Five years of experience related to working with students and programs/services for students with ASD
* Experience with program oversight for students with ASD
* Special Education Leadership certificate and/or administrative endorsement required
* Strong knowledge and experience with the development and implementation of Applied Behavior Analysis programs; Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) preferred
* Documentation of significantly progressive and responsible
* Knowledge of the theory and research-based instructional practices and strategies that provide the basis for special education and related services for individuals with autism
* Knowledge of the range of communication, social and behavioral characteristics, and coexisting conditions associated with autism and the ability to articulate this to parents and school staff
* Knowledge of Federal, State, and local criteria for eligibility and comprehensive evaluation for students with autism, including the impact of cultural and linguistic diversity
* Demonstrated leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, and parents; ability to develop and deliver professional development programs to school-based staff on autism, including the implementation of a coaching model