To become a provider, see this post: https://www.virginiaaba.org/become-a-therapeutic-consultation-provider/
Note that the hourly rates are increasing on July 1, 2021. Click here for the memo.
Have you billed for the retroactive increase in rate? Thank you to Darcy Creech for these instructions:
We can go back and correct the old billing back to July 2021 and be paid the difference by voiding the initial claim and rebilling at the new rate.
- Make sure you have the RA in front of you where you billed initially
- Go to the individual’s template in the portal
- Click on Yes up top next to Void or Replacement Claim
- Click on 1030 Correcting Charges
- Type in the ICN from the original claim on the RA
- In the middle, reenter the service information with the new rate
- Also change the total charges
- Resubmit the claim
- Do this for each claim between 7/1/21 and whenever you started billing the new rate (after 10/8/21)
For training slides on the new regulations, click here.
For an FAQ document from DBHDS, click here.
The new regulations are live and the grace period ended 6/31/21. Click here to see them.